EMS, Registered Airmail, and Registered SAL all include insurance and provide tracking details.
- EMS includes coverage up to 20,000 Yen.
- Please note that a package will only be insured up to the amount at which it is valued if under 20,000 yen.
- If you want coverage over this amount, make a note in your order details and I will look up the additional cost.
Registered Airmail and SAL:
- Registered Airmail and SAL include coverage up to 6,000 Yen
- Please note that a package will only be insured up to the amount at which it is valued if under 6,000 yen. Insurance over 6,000 yen is not available.
- Registered SAL can only be selected for Shopping Service items, not items in the Tenshi Shop Online Shop.
*If your item becomes lost an investigation can be started with Japan Post one month after the original shipping date. If it is found to be lost, the investigation and subsequent insurance refund can take 2+ months.
*If an item is broken or damaged in transit due to mishandling of your package, please save all the packing materials and the damaged item and bring them to your local post office to make a Damage Report. Send a photo of the damage to Tenshishop as well, to be included in the claim made to Japan Post. If you do not make a Damage Report to your local post office, Japan Post will not honor the claim for insurance coverage.
All shipping methods offered at Tenshi Shop offer tracking.
- You will receive an email containing the tracking information for your package as soon as it’s shipped.
- You can use the included link in the email or visit the Japan Post Tracking Page directly.
- If you did not receive your tracking number, please send me an email so that I can resend the information.
Items shipped via EMS (Express Airmail) typically arrive within 4-5 days and those sent via Registered Airmail in about 1 week. Items shipped via Registered SAL (only available for shopping service items, cannot be used for items in the Tenshi Shop Online Shop) take 2+ weeks.
Keep in mind that shipping from Japan can sometimes take time depending on your location and shipping method. There are cases where packages are held up in customs or are temporarily delayed during the international shipping process and simply arrive later than expected, so don’t panic if your item is only slightly behind schedule. If your tracked item becomes lost, an investigation can be opened one month after the original shipping date.