Fees and Payment Information
Please use the calculator on the service page for fee estimates.
Fees Which Apply to All Auctions/Apps:
- 5% of closing/list price or 500 yen, whichever is greater (Service Commission)
- Commission is charged per auction/listing in the case of auction/app services.
- This commission rate structure also applies to other “private seller markets,” such as app based shopping (like FRIL, OtaMart, Mercari, etc.).
- Domestic Shipping (from seller to me)
- Determined by the seller, generally between 200~1,500 Yen depending on size/weight.
- ATM Fee (Items must be paid for in cash withdrawn from my US account)
- $5 for every $500(USD) that you spend, across all types of shopping. $5 will cover up to $500 of “cash” shopping, such as auctions, Mercari/Fril/app markets, and online Cash On Delivery or Bank Transfer Payment orders.
- This fee is “per shopping service.” If you have been invoiced for your shopping service(s) that means I have already taken out the cash required for your items and paid the ATM fee, and you will need to pay the fee again if you wish to start a new shopping service. I do my best to minimize this fee for you.
- Payment Processing Fee (covers fees between currencies/accounts/banks)
- 2.9%-4.4%+.30 depending on your country of residence
- International Shipping fees (shipping to you)
- Please see shipping information.
Fees Which Only Apply to Some Auctions/Apps:
- MBOK “Mobapei System” Payment Fee
- Applies only to MBOK auctions
- Usually under 300 yen, based on auction ending price
- Bank Transfer Fee
- Applies only to very few Yahoo Auctions where the seller only accepts Bank Transfer, the fee is 216-424 yen.
- In nearly all cases, this fee will be waived (0 yen).
- Mercari and Fril Payment System Fee
- Applies only to Mercari and Fril listings
- 100 yen per listing
- Items purchased are denominated in Japanese Yen, but you will be invoiced in US Dollars.
- A US based bank/bank card is used for all shopping service purchases. The exchange rate given is dictated by my bank, which does not use the “market” rate (the one found on Google, xe.com, etc).
- In general the given rate is about 4 yen lower than the market rate.
- For example, if the market rate is 105 yen to the dollar, I will pay around 101 yen to the dollar.
- The rate used for your service corresponds to the rate on the day your item(s) were purchased.
Payment is required within 3 days of invoicing unless we have discussed another time frame. I take payment by Paypal or Japanese Domestic Bank Transfer.
- I cannot offer ‘layaway’ or ‘payment plans.’
- This would constitute loaning you money.
- Sometimes I can delay payment by putting items on hold, but this is usually limited to one week.
- Please have your funds ready when contacting me.
- If there is a special circumstance, or if it is an issue with a transfer, feel free to explain in a message and I will consider your request.
- I may require a partial deposit before purchase, but not always.
- I will decide this on a case by case basis considering your feedback, previous history with me, and the cost of your order.
- Deposits are refundable only if your item(s) become unavailable.
- Deposits are reflected on your final invoice as a ‘discount.’
- I accept payment via Paypal. I will also take Japanese domestic bank transfers.
- I will invoice you in the case of Paypal.
- I do not take eChecks via Paypal.
- I cannot accept gift payments via Paypal.
- I will gladly use Paypal’s ‘partial payment’ feature on your invoice if you need to pay with multiple funding sources. Please note on your form if you need this feature.
- If you have a Japanese bank account and wish to do a domestic transfer, or wish to pay in Yen with Paypal, your USD total must be converted back Yen at the market or Paypal rate. This is to insure I get the amount owed after paying the lower bank-decided rate noted above under ‘Currency Conversion.’
If you have specific marking instructions, please be clear and reasonable in your requests on your shopping form. I will not enter a service if I am not comfortable with your requests.
- I offer three kinds of shipping: EMS, Registered Airmail, and Registered SAL.
- I will not ship via methods which are not traceable.
- The cost of packing materials is factored into the cost charged on your invoice.
- I can also ship domestically (within Japan) via YUPACK, please make a note in your shipping instructions. If you have a desired delivery time frame, please let me know.
- I do not offer surface/sea mail without special arrangement in advance. If you plan to order large items please keep in mind I will only ship them via EMS. The max weight is 30 kilos.
- I will not make “fake” invoices or “split” invoices to go with your package.
- If paying by Paypal, I will ship to the registered address you choose as it appears on your paid Paypal invoice. If you need something shipped to another address, you must put that address in the “Notes to Seller” section when you pay your Paypal invoice. Requests to ship to addresses noted on your Shopping Request Form may not be honored if the address does not also appear as your Paypal shipping address.
- If you want me to include your phone number on the package, please include it in the “Notes to Seller” section when you pay your Paypal invoice.
- I don’t mind holding items for combined shipping, but please remember that the space in my (Japanese sized) apartment is limited. I might have to ask you to ship and start a new box if I do not have room to store it.
- EMS is my recommended shipping. It the fastest and most reliable method.
- EMS is automatically insured up to 20,000 yen.
- If you want coverage over this amount, tell me and I can look up the extra cost.
- Please note that a package will only be insured up to the amount at which it is valued if under 20,000 yen.
- Delivery takes about 4 days to most locations.
- Packages over 2kg, or with large measurements (like full sized parasols and high boots), must be sent via EMS.
- EMS packages can be tracked here.
- Delivery takes about 1 week to most locations.
- Packages over 2kg cannot be shipped via Airmail.
- Packages over a certain size cannot be shipped via Airmail, I will tell you if this is the case.
- Registered Airmail can only be insured up to 6,000 yen. If you want insurance over this amount, you must use EMS.
- Please note that a package will only be insured up to the amount that it is valued if under 6,000 yen.
- Registered Airmail packages can be tracked here.
SAL (Economy Airmail) Details:
- Delivery takes 2+ weeks to most locations.
- Packages over 2kg cannot be shipped via SAL.
- Packages over a certain size cannot be shipped via SAL, I will tell you if this is the case.
- Registered SAL can only be insured up to 6,000 yen. If you want insurance over this amount, you must use EMS.
- Please note that a package will only be insured up to the amount that it is valued if under 6,000 yen.
- Registered SAL is not available for the following countries: Australia, Greenland, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Hungary, Finland, Poland. These countries must use Registered Airmail or EMS.
- Registered SAL packages can be tracked here.
Estimated Shipping Times and Delayed/Lost Packages:
Items are shipped within one week of receiving your payment (excluding weekends and Japanese national holidays). Picks ups are done 1-2 times per week.
Delivery times listed for shipping types are estimates only. There are cases where packages are held up in customs or are otherwise temporarily delayed.
If your tracked package seems to be lost, at least a month must pass from the shipping date before Japan Post will consider opening an investigation. Investigations can take 2+ months to complete.
I take communication very seriously.
- I try my best to answer all messages within 24-48 hours
- I expect responses to my messages within 24-48 hours if a response is required. If you will be unable to respond within 24-48 hours, please let me know before you become unavailable.
If at any time you have a question, or are waiting to hear from me but haven’t, please send me a message.
- The best way to reach me is via our active email thread (if you currently have a service open), a new request form, or email at email@example.com for less time sensitive requests.
- Using an auction shopping request form will get you the most immediate reply to a bidding request.
Combining Items from Tenshi Shop Online Shop:
If you are interested in something on the online shop part of the site, I am happy to combine them with shopping service items. Please just let me know which item you are interested!
Reselling for Profit/Scalping:
I do no support reselling for profit, also known as “scalping” items. If it is discovered that you are buying item solely for the purpose of reselling them at significantly higher prices, then you may be refused service in the future. Please see more in the news post here.
Caution Points and Limitations:
Please be sure that you are:
- of age to accept the items that you order.
- the items that you order are allowed in your country.
Auction/App Specific Risks and Limitations:
- I cannot give you an exact estimate for auctions as there are too many variables.
- I may not be able to bid on an auction due to the seller’s rules.
- You are bidding AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Please bid only if you understand the risk of buying from private sellers.
- If the seller does not send the item, and I have already paid for it with no way of recovering my funds, you are still responsible for payment.
- The same applies to items not as described, you will still be responsible for payment. I do not inspect the condition of items upon arrival. I only partially open the package from the seller to check it is the item from their listing. I will not take action against a seller for an item not being as described beyond contacting them on your behalf. Should an item need to be shipped back to Japan and then returned to you, you will be responsible for all associated postage.
- Mbok offers some bidder protection, but Yahoo payments are almost exclusively done by bank transfer, which offers no buyer protection, so there is more risk.
- Problem sellers have been few to date, but please understand that I cannot make a bad seller do anything, and am not responsible for taking serious action against a seller. I cannot risk retaliatory feedback, which hinders my ability to bid on auctions, unless the seller commits a serious offense (non shipment, wrong item).
- Please use translating tools online to check the basic info of the auction you are interested in (including the seller’s feedback and item description) before contacting me.
- If you have a question about something written in Japanese after that, please ask me.
- I can also ask the seller a question if you and I are both unsure of something. Sometimes I am not willing to/cannot ask the seller certain questions due to the seller’s rules.
- It is important that you give me your true maximum bid when contacting me. You can raise your bid, but I cannot guarantee last minute bids.
- Snipe bidding is sometimes not allowed by the seller, and I cannot guarantee snipe bidding. Yahoo has an auto extend system in place that prevents sniping.
- Please round your bids up or down to the nearest 0.
- Bids like 6,000 / 6,510 are OK.
- Bids like 6,001 / 6,515 are not accepted.
Returns and Cancellations:
There are ABSOLUTELY no returns or cancellations with my service.
Once an item is requested (bid on), you are obligated to buy it.
Items That I Will Not Buy:
- Some Concert Tickets/Event Tickets (there can be issues with the name on the ticket not matching yours when you try to use it)
- Grapic adult items, manga/etc. with graphic cover images (it is illegal to export pornography from Japan, your items may be seized)
- Fan Club Subscriptions
- Nail polish, perfume, room/body sprays, and anything with alcohol/a flammable liquid (these are not permitted international post)
- Some glues/liquids used for hobby models (these not permitted international post)
- Lithium batteries that are not inside their accompanying product, for example, portable phone recharging batteries (these are not permitted international post)
- Extremely large/bulky items (shipping via anything but Japan Post is cost prohibitive for the shopper)
Defects/Problems with Your Items:
You are responsible for all risk associated with auction purchases. Auctions are run by private sellers, and I have no control over the result of auctions or the condition of the items that arrive to me. I do not inspect items closely upon arrival. If you find a problem with your item when it arrives to you, I may agree to contact the seller, but cannot guarantee they will respond or accommodate any request. If for some reason, the item must be sent back to Japan, you will be responsible for return postage costs and shipment back to you.
This Service is Provided by a Single Person:
Shopping Services (and orders from the Tenshishop online-shop) are managed by a single person.
During especially busy releases, and when there are peak numbers of open services, I may not be able to accommodate some special requests.
Services may be suspended during holidays and vacations. I will place notifications in advance of any closures. Please check the News Section.