Fees and Payment Information
Please use the calculator on the service page for fee estimates.
Fees Which Apply to All Online Orders:
- 5% of Item Cost or 500 yen, whichever is greater. (Service Commission)
- The absolute minimum fee you will pay on a service, excluding auctions and app shopping which have a separate fee structure, is 500 yen.
- Domestic Shipping (from online shop to me)
- Generally between 300-1000 Yen, can be more or less
- Sometimes free with a purchase over a certain amount
- Payment Processing Fee (covers fees between currencies/accounts/banks)
- 2.9%-4.4%+.30 depending on your country of residence
- International Shipping fees (shipping to you)
- Please see shipping information.
Fees Which Apply Only to Some Orders:
These fees usually apply only when an online store does NOT accept payment with my (non-Japanese) credit card.
- ATM Fee:
- Applies only to orders from shops where my payment options are Cash On Delivery or Bank Transfer.
- Fee is $5 for every $500(USD) that you spend across all types of shopping. $5 will cover up to $500 of “cash” shopping, such as auctions and app (Mercari, Fril) shopping as well.
- This fee is “per shopping service.” If you have been invoiced for your shopping service(s) that means I have already taken out the cash required for your items and paid the ATM fee, and you will need to pay the fee again if you wish to start a new shopping service. I do my best to minimize this fee for you.
- Cash-On-Delivery (COD) Fee:
- Applies only to orders that must be paid by COD.
- Generally 324 Yen
- Bank Transfer Fee:
- Applies only to orders that must be paid by Bank Transfer.
- Depends on the amount being transferred.
- Generally between 324-540 Yen.
- Other rare fees are possible depending on the online store.
- If you are concerned about any of these fees possibly being charged and would like to know if they will be, please ask me at the time of ordering otherwise I will assume you are OK with these kinds of fees.
- Online stores that I commonly shop for that are COD/Bank Transfer only (not limited to this list) include: Zozo Town, SPANK!, stores in the ‘thebase.in’ network, Ｍidi:Nette Shop, Romapri.com, LOCONDO, Baby the Stars Shine Bright Online Shop
- Items purchased are denominated in Japanese Yen, but you will be invoiced in US Dollars.
- A US based bank/bank card is used for all shopping service purchases. The exchange rate given is dictated by my bank, which does not use the “market” rate (the one found on Google, xe.com, etc).
- In general the given rate is between 3-4 yen lower than the market rate.
- For example, if the market rate is 105 yen to the dollar, I will pay around 101 yen to the dollar.
- The rate used for your service corresponds to the rate on the day your item(s) were purchased.
Payment is required within 3 days of invoicing unless we have discussed another time frame. I take payment by Paypal or Japanese Domestic Bank Transfer.
- I cannot offer ‘layaway’ or ‘payment plans.’
- This would constitute loaning you money.
- Sometimes I can delay payment by putting items on hold, but this is usually limited to one week.
- Please have your funds ready when contacting me.
- If there is a special circumstance, or if it is an issue with a transfer, feel free to explain in a message and I will consider your request.
- I may require a partial deposit before purchase, but not always.
- I will decide this on a case by case basis considering your feedback, previous history with me, and the cost of your order.
- Deposits are refundable only if your item(s) become unavailable.
- Deposits are reflected on your final invoice as a ‘discount.’
- I accept payment via Paypal. I will also take Japanese domestic bank transfers.
- I will invoice you in the case of Paypal.
- I do not take eChecks via Paypal.
- I cannot accept gift payments via Paypal.
- I will gladly use Paypal’s ‘partial payment’ feature on your invoice if you need to pay with multiple funding sources. Please note on your form if you need this feature.
- If you have a Japanese bank account and wish to do a domestic transfer, or wish to pay in Yen with Paypal, your USD total must be converted back Yen at the market or Paypal rate. This is to insure I get the amount owed after paying the lower bank-decided rate noted above under ‘Currency Conversion.’
If you have specific marking instructions, please be clear and reasonable in your requests on your shopping form. I will not enter a service if I am not comfortable with your requests.
- I offer three kinds of shipping: EMS, Registered Airmail, and Registered SAL.
- I will not ship via methods which are not traceable.
- The cost of packing materials is factored into the cost charged on your invoice.
- I can also ship domestically (within Japan) via YUPACK, please make a note in your shipping instructions. If you have a desired delivery time frame, please let me know.
- I do not offer surface/sea mail without special arrangement in advance. If you plan to order large items please keep in mind I will only ship them via EMS. The max weight is 30 kilos.
- I will not make “fake” invoices or “split” invoices to go with your package.
- If paying by Paypal, I will ship to the registered address you choose as it appears on your paid Paypal invoice. If you need something shipped to another address, you must put that address in the “Notes to Seller” section when you pay your Paypal invoice. Requests to ship to addresses noted on your Shopping Request Form may not be honored if the address does not also appear as your Paypal shipping address.
- If you want me to include your phone number on the package, please include it in the “Notes to Seller” section when you pay your Paypal invoice.
- I don’t mind holding items for combined shipping, but please remember that the space in my (Japanese sized) apartment is limited. I might have to ask you to ship and start a new box if I do not have room to store it.
- EMS is my recommended shipping. It the fastest and most reliable method.
- EMS is automatically insured up to 20,000 yen.
- If you want coverage over this amount, tell me and I can look up the extra cost.
- Please note that a package will only be insured up to the amount at which it is valued if under 20,000 yen.
- Delivery takes about 4 days to most locations.
- Packages over 2kg, or with large measurements (like full sized parasols and high boots), must be sent via EMS.
- EMS packages can be tracked here.
- Delivery takes about 1 week to most locations.
- Packages over 2kg cannot be shipped via Airmail.
- Packages over a certain size cannot be shipped via Airmail, I will tell you if this is the case.
- Registered Airmail can only be insured up to 6,000 yen. If you want insurance over this amount, you must use EMS.
- Please note that a package will only be insured up to the amount that it is valued if under 6,000 yen.
- Registered Airmail packages can be tracked here.
SAL (Economy Airmail) Details:
- Delivery takes 2+ weeks to most locations.
- Packages over 2kg cannot be shipped via SAL.
- Packages over a certain size cannot be shipped via SAL, I will tell you if this is the case.
- Registered SAL can only be insured up to 6,000 yen. If you want insurance over this amount, you must use EMS.
- Please note that a package will only be insured up to the amount that it is valued if under 6,000 yen.
- Registered SAL is not available for the following countries: Australia, Greenland, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Hungary, Finland, Poland. These countries must use Registered Airmail or EMS.
- Registered SAL packages can be tracked here.
Estimated Shipping Times and Delayed/Lost Packages:
Items are shipped within one week of receiving your payment (excluding weekends and Japanese national holidays). Picks ups are done 1-2 times per week.
Delivery times listed for shipping types are estimates only. There are cases where packages are held up in customs or are otherwise temporarily delayed.
If your tracked package seems to be lost, at least a month must pass from the shipping date before Japan Post will consider opening an investigation. Investigations can take 2+ months to complete.
I take communication very seriously.
- I try my best to answer all messages within 24-48 hours.
- I expect responses to my messages within 24-48 hours if a response is required. If you will be unable to respond within 24-48 hours, please let me know before you become unavailable.
If at any time you have a question, or are waiting to hear from me but haven’t, please send me a message.
- The best way to reach me is is via our active email thread (if you currently have a service open), a new request form, or email at email@example.com for less time sensitive requests.
- Using a shopping form will get you the most immediate reply to in store/online shopping and spot claim requests
I am happy to shop for sale items!
- For items sold at a reduced price:
- the 5% service fee will be charged on the ORIGINAL PRICE of the item, not the sale price.
- Please give any back-up colors / items if you have them when requesting sale items.
- It is best to be flexible if possible as stock tends to sell out quickly during sales.
- Sale items are sometimes not included in promotions for free shipping depending on the online store.
Combining Items from Tenshishop Online Shop:
If you are interested in something on the online shop part of the site, I am happy to combine them with shopping service items. Please just let me know which item you are interested!
Caution Points and Limitations
Please be sure that you are:
- of age to accept the items you order
- the items you order are allowed in your country.
Returns and Cancellations:
There are ABSOLUTELY no returns or cancellations with my service.
- Japanese shops DO NOT accept returns or refunds.
- Once you have requested something via your Shopping Request Form, you are obligated to buy it if I have already arranged the purchase of the item.
Items That I Will Not Buy:
- Some Concert Tickets/Event Tickets (there can be issues with the name on the ticket not matching yours when you try to use it)
- Grapic adult items, manga/etc. with graphic cover images (it is illegal to export pornography from Japan, your items may be seized)
- Fan Club Subscriptions
- Nail polish, perfume, room/body sprays, and anything with alcohol/a flammable liquid (these are not permitted international post)
- Some glues/liquids used for hobby models (these not permitted international post)
- Lithium batteries that are not inside their accompanying product, for example, portable phone recharging batteries (these are not permitted international post)
- Extremely large/bulky items (shipping via anything but Japan Post is cost prohibitive for the shopper)
*I reserve the right to refuse any requested item.
Defects and Problems with your Items/Order:
- When items are purchased from a store, they are assumed to be the correct items and free of defects (or as described if from a second hand shop). I do not inspect them closely. It is assumed that the shop has fulfilled the order as I submitted it (the correct items and in the correct amounts).
- If you find a defect with your items after receiving them, or that the store has sent the wrong/incorrect number of items in your order:
- Please remember that in no way do I work for/represent any company/shop.
- I cannot give advice or be held responsible for how companies decide to handle this kind of issue, I may not be able to offer any kind of assistance.
- If you wish, I may be able to help you exchange or have a company repair/replace items, but you will be responsible for ALL postage costs related to sending items to and/or from Japan again.
- The exception is if I ordered the wrong items. In this case the fault is mine, and I will cover the postage costs related to sending items to and/or from Japan again.
- In these situations, DO NOT share my personal information (name / contact information / address) with the company yourself.
This Service is Provided by a Single Person:
Shopping Services (and orders from the Tenshishop online-shop) are managed by a single person.
During especially busy releases, and when there are peak numbers of open services, I may not be able to accommodate some special requests.
Services may be suspended during holidays and vacations. I will place notifications in advance of any closures. Please check the News Section.