Fee and Payment Information
Caution Points and Limitations
Fees and Payment Information
Please use the calculator on the service page for fee estimates.
- 5% of Total Cost or 500 yen, whichever is greater. (Service Commission)
- The absolute minimum fee you will pay on a service, excluding auctions and app shopping, which have a separate fee structure, is 500 yen.
- Spot Claiming, Reservations, and New Year’s Lucky Packs for some brands may have a higher fee.
- Train Fare Per Requested Trip
- Round trip to most stores is 400 Yen
- Payment Processing Fee (covers fees between currencies/accounts/banks)
- 4%-6% depending on your country of residence
- Shipping fees
- Please see shipping information.
**Other fees apply to online / auction/app shopping purchases. Please view the separate sections for details.**
- Items purchased are denominated in Japanese Yen, but you will be invoiced in US Dollars.
- A US based bank/bank card is used for all shopping service purchases. The exchange rate given is dictated by my bank, which does not use the “market” rate (the one found on Google, xe.com, etc).
- In general the given rate is about 4 yen lower than the market rate.
- For example, if the market rate is 105 yen to the dollar, I will pay around 101 yen to the dollar.
- The rate used for your service corresponds to the rate on the day your item(s) were purchased.
Payment is required within 3 days of invoicing unless we have discussed another time frame. I take payment by Paypal or Japanese Domestic Bank Transfer.
- I cannot offer ‘layaway,’ ‘payment plans,’ or similar loans.
- Please have your funds ready when contacting me.
- If there is a special circumstance, or if it is an issue with a transfer, feel free to explain in a message and I will consider your request.
- I may require a partial deposit before purchase, but not always.
- I will decide this on a case by case basis considering your feedback, previous history with me, and the cost of your order.
- Deposits are refundable only if your item(s) become unavailable.
- I accept payment via Paypal. I will also take Japanese domestic bank transfers.
- I will invoice you in the case of Paypal.
- I do not take eChecks via Paypal.
- I cannot accept gift payments via Paypal.
- I will gladly use Paypal’s ‘partial payment’ feature on your invoice if you need to pay with multiple funding sources. Please note on your form if you need this feature.
- If you have a Japanese bank account and wish to do a domestic transfer I can use the yen you send to pay instead, in this case the exchange rate will not apply.
If you have specific marking instructions, please be clear and reasonable in your requests on your shopping form. I will not enter a service if I am not comfortable with your requests. Shipping has been greatly affected by the pandemic, please read here.
- I offer three kinds of shipping: EMS, Airmail e-packet, and Yamato/UPS.
- I will not ship via methods which are not traceable.
- The cost of packing materials is factored into the cost charged on your invoice.
- I can also ship domestically (within Japan) via YUPACK, please make a note in your shipping instructions.
- I can offer surface/sea mail with special arrangement in advance. Some items will still only qualify for EMS due to max weight and size limits.
- If paying by Paypal, I will ship to the registered address you choose as it appears on your paid Paypal invoice. Due to Paypal’s policies, I must ship to the address you choose at payment. If you need something shipped to an address which you cannot register on Paypal, I may have to turn down your service. Please discuss the matter in detail with me via our shopping emails before any shopping starts.
- I don’t mind holding items for combined shipping, but please remember that the space in my (Japanese sized) apartment is limited. I might have to ask you to ship and start a new box if I do not have room to store it.
- EMS takes about 4 days to most locations.
- Maximum weight is 30kg. There is also a size limit that varies by country. Extremely large items may not possible to ship.
- Shipping cost is based on weight.
- EMS is automatically insured up to 20,000 yen.
- If you want coverage over this amount, tell me and I can look up the extra cost.
- Please note that a package will only be insured up to the amount at which it is valued if under 20,000 yen.
- EMS packages can be tracked here.
Airmail e-Packet Details:
- Delivery takes about 1 week to most locations.
- Maximum weight is 2kg. There is also a size limit, so this method is not possible for large/bulky items.
- Shipping cost is based on weight.
- Packages over a certain size cannot be shipped via Airmail, I will tell you if this is the case.
- Airmail e-Packet can only be insured up to 6,000 yen. If you want insurance over this amount, you must use EMS.
- Please note that a package will only be insured up to the amount that it is valued if under 6,000 yen.
- Airmail e-Packet packages can be tracked here.
Yamato/UPS Details :
- Delivery takes 6-10 business days to most locations.
- Maximum weight is 25kg. There is also a size limit that varies by country. Extremely large items may not possible to ship.
- Shipping cost is based on package dimensions (size).
- Packages are automatically insured up to 200,000 yen. Packages valued over this amount cannot be sent via this method.
- Please note that a package will only be insured up to the amount that it is valued if under 200,000 yen.
- Yamato/UPS is not available for Canada, Russia, or Brazil.
- Yamato/UPS does not permit ANY food products or ANY batteries in their packages.
- Yamato/UPS packages can be tracked here.
Estimated Shipping Times and Delayed/Lost Packages:
Items are shipped within one week of receiving your payment (excluding weekends and Japanese national holidays). Picks ups are done 1-2 times per week.
Delivery times listed for shipping types are estimates only. There are cases where packages are held up in customs or are otherwise temporarily delayed.
If your tracked package seems to be lost, at least a month must pass from the shipping date before an investigation can be opened. Investigations can take 2+ months to complete.
If an item is broken or damaged in transit due to mishandling of your package, please save all the packing materials, send a photo of the damage to Tenshishop, and bring the item to make a Damage Report to your local post office (for EMS and Airmail) or UPS (for Yamato/UPS) immediately.
I take communication very seriously.
- I try my best to answer all messages within 24-48 hours
- I expect responses to my messages within 24-48 hours if a response is required. If you will be unable to respond within 24-48 hours, please let me know before you become unavailable.
If at any time you have a question, or are waiting to hear from me but haven’t, please send me a message.
- The best way to reach me is is via our active email thread (if you currently have a service open), a new request form, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for less time sensitive requests.
- Using a shopping form will get you the most immediate reply to in store/online shopping and spot claim requests
I can check a store’s stock of an item, and of the stock of all locations of a store within Japan, but only if you intend to buy it. Please do not contact me for a stock check without the intention to buy.
Sometimes items are not in stock at the store location near me, but are available at other locations in Japan. In this case the store can transfer items to the location near me so I can purchase them.
- Transfers usually take about one-two weeks.
- I always ask shop staff to look for items when they are not in stock unless you tell me not to.
- If you are on a deadline and will not want an item if it cannot arrive before a certain time, please tell me.
- Each store has its own transfer policy.
- Once a transfer is confirmed by the store, it is not possible to cancel. Transfer = purchase!
Items can be placed on hold at a store by phone. This means the item is taken off the sales floor so it can be purchased by at a later date by the customer.
- Holds are generally limited to 3-7 days, depending on the store.
- Once an item is placed on hold, it is not possible to cancel. Requesting a hold = purchase!
I am happy to shop for sale items!
- For items sold at a reduced price:
- the 5% service fee will be charged on the ORIGINAL PRICE of the item, not the sale price.
- Please give any back-up colors / items from if you have them when you requesting sale items.
- It is best to be flexible if possible as stock tends to move quickly during sales.
Combining Items from Tenshi Shop Online Shop:
If you are interested in something on the online shop part of the site, I am happy to combine them with shopping service items. Please just let me know which item you are interested!
Caution Points and Limitations:
Please be sure that you are:
- of age to accept the items that you order.
- the items that you order are allowed in your country.
Please never contact sellers or shops directly yourself if you intend on Tenshishop assisting you with the purchase.
- This includes placing items on hold, asking for sizing information, or volunteering Tenshishop to buy any item without first contacting Tenshishop. Please read full details here.
Please be aware that I do not live in or near the Tokyo Metropolitan or Osaka Metropolitan area.
I generally cannot provide services for Tokyo/Osaka-only special items/events, or in-store shopping for store with locations only in Tokyo/Osaka that require in person attendance.
If you have an event or something specific you want me to attend, please contact me and I will look into it. More stores are open to mail orders recently. If the shopper is willing to cover transportation (around $200 round trip), I may be willing to go to Tokyo is some cases.
Returns and Cancellations:
There are ABSOLUTELY no returns or cancellations with my service.
- Japanese shops DO NOT accept returns or refunds.
- Once you have requested something via your Shopping Request Form, you are obligated to buy it if I have already arranged the purchase of the item.
Reselling for Profit/Scalping:
I do not support reselling for profit, also known as “scalping” items. If it is discovered that you have used my service for buying items solely for the purpose of reselling them at significantly higher prices, then you may be refused service in the future. Please see more in the news post here.
Items That I Will Not Buy:
- Concert Tickets/Event Tickets (there are too many issues with digital only tickets, names not matching on tickets, etc)
- Graphic/uncensored adult items (it is illegal to export pornography from Japan, your items may be seized)
- Fan club or magazine subscriptions
- Nail polish, perfume, room/body sprays, sun lotion, and anything with alcohol/a flammable liquid (these are not permitted international post)
- Glues/liquids used for hobby models (these not permitted international post)
- Lithium batteries that are not inside their accompanying product, for example, portable phone recharging batteries, or products that contain more than two lithium batteries, even if encased in the product (these are not permitted international post)
- Extremely large/bulky items (size limits prevent what I can send in international post)
- “Net Print” services (photo printing services at convenience stores in Japan)
I reserve the right to refuse any purchase.
Defects and Problems with Your Items:
- When items are purchased from a store, they are assumed to be free of defects and I do not inspect them.
- If you find a defect with your item after receiving it, please remember that in no way do I work for / represent any brand or shop.
- I cannot give advice or be held responsible for how brands / companies decide to handle this kind of issue, I may not be able to offer any kind of assistance.
- If you wish, I may be able to help you exchange or have a brand repair and item, but you will be responsible for the postage costs for sending the item both to and from Japan again.
- In these situations, DO NOT share my personal information (name / contact information / address) with the brand/shop yourself.
This Service is Provided by a Single Person:
Shopping Services and all related work are managed by a single person.
During especially busy releases, and when there are peak numbers of open services, I may not be able to accommodate some special requests.
Services may be suspended during holidays and vacations. I will place notifications in advance of any closures. Please check the News Section.